Marriage License Information
The Marriage Application must be submitted to the Territorial Court of the USVI at least one month prior to the ceremony date (see below for mailing address).
Marriage Application Tips:
- "Parents"- State both parents' names
- "Mother's maiden name"- For both Bride and Groom
- "Place of birth"- For both parents
- "Previous marriages" - Certified copy of divorce or death certificate must accompany application
2. The following must accompany the Marriage Application:
- A letter detailing arrival and departure dates, location of stay (Secret Harbour Beach Resort)
- On-Island contact: (Secret Harbour will provide you with an on-island contact during the booking process)
- A certified check or money order for $100.00 ($50.00 - Non-refundable for application fee and $50.00 - Marriage license fee)
3. Mailing the Application
It is recommend that you send this information via Federal Express or Express Mail in order to have a tracking number to confirm its receipt. You can also send it regular mail, however note that you will not have a trackable document if you choose the standard us postal service. Make copies of the information that you send to the court, and bring them with you to Saint Thomas.
Territorial Court of Saint Thomas
Family Court Division
Mrs. Hyacinth Lockhart, Marriage Licensing
V.I. Justice Complex
Hospital Gade, Charlotte Amalie
St. Thomas, USVI 00804
When You Arrive in Saint Thomas
Prior to the Wedding, you must pick up the marriage license at the Territorial Court office in Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas.
The court hours are 8:00 am until 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, closed on Federal and Local Holidays. (There are 20 legal holidays observed in St. Thomas. Verify in advance with your Wedding Coordinator, that your dates are not in conflict with one of these holidays.) Saturday pick-up is possible at 10 am by special request, Sunday pickups require $150 court fee.
The application must be at the court a minimum of 8 working days prior to the Wedding date, but please allow ample time if at all possible. Again, you will have to visit the court to get the license before a ceremony can take place.
Questions to the court can be telephoned to 340/774-6680, extension 6607